Friday, August 19, 2011

Times a waste'n

I feel like the Universes is not on my side anymore and time has sped up.
I know it was Christmas just last week and now I see Halloween Candy on the shelves.
Why do we rush everything? I am so guilty of this. Hurry this, hurry that.

Today I am driving my little baby girl up to college.
What I don't understand is why do these kids think they can leave when they are still too little? I swear she barely just got potty trained and I know just yesterday I was reading her a bedtime story and playing princess with her.
She is NOT ready for the real world yet. They are still too innocent! With all the the low life's, perverts and scum she will encounter out there, and yet she still wants to go.

Kindergarten all over again. But worse! It was like that with Kindergarten too. I always tried to entice each child to stay.... "McDonald's everyday, you can lay around, I won't make you do school work..." but they always ended up wanting to go be with their friends. Hmm.

Kindergarten is the first step to loosing them. They are never the same after going. Never do they want you to walk them to class anymore or come with them to lunch, or play with you on the play ground at recess, after that awful Kindergarten. They learn bad words and how to say things like, "you are not my friend anymore, Mom, you are not invited to my birthday party".
I wonder what new phrases she will learn at college. Probably something more along the lines of, "Mom, you really screwed me up you *&%#!*^#!" Hmm.

I feel like singing the song, "Mother knows best...." from Disney's movie Tangled. Ok, Everyone join with me ..."Mother knows best...".
Someone have a tower out there I can use?


No comments:

Post a Comment